Home Submissions Guidelines
- We accept pieces exclusively from current Georgia Southern University students. To verify that you’re a GS student, submit using your georgiasouthern.edu email.
- Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your subject line, write your genre in all caps and your title or a shortened version of your title.
- Example: FICTION – Shortened Title
- If your work falls outside of our current list of genres (2d art, 3d art, digital art, fashion, photography, poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction), write “UNSPECIFIED” in your subject line and explain your work in the email.
- Submitting is free! You can send up to four pieces per month. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, send us an email.
- Pieces will not be accepted if they personally attack a group of people or a specific individual. Examples of unacceptable work: sexist, homophobic, racist, xenophobic, religious condemnation, etc.
- Submit unpublished work only. If your submission is a simultaneous submission, indicate so in your email and update us if you would like to withdraw your submission.
- Tell us who you are! Include your full name and a short bio (max 200 words).
Visual Art guidelines
- Art should be submitted either as a pdf, png or jpeg.
- Send the highest resolution and image quality without compressing or distorting the image.
Creative Writing guidelines
- Submit as a doc or docx file.
- Prose (short stories, creative nonfiction, etc.) should be between 500 and 3,000 words.
- Poetry should fit on one to two pages.
- Use Times New Roman, size 12.
- Double-space for prose, single-space for poetry.